Dr. Palmer Quarrels -Principal
Welcome to the Wonder Junior High School website. It is a tremendous honor to serve as Principal of Wonder Junior High. I look forward to continuing to create strong and collaborative relationships with the staff and parents of this great community. Wonder Junior is a special place. I am overjoyed to be in a position to positively impact the lives of students and teachers.
Our vision for Wonder Junior is to continue to build an ideal school environment where students feel safe, comfortable, challenged and engaged in class. Students and staff will celebrate core values and each other. Teachers will feel supported in their teaching and inspired to try new things. Our school campus will stay impeccably clean, safe and beautiful, I want our parents to be involved in school activities and teachers and parents will work collaboratively to support their student. Our goal is that together we can make all of these characteristics of an ideal school happen successfully at Wonder Junior High School. Only together is this possible. I thank you for taking on this challenge with us to benefit and support your child and his/her experience at Wonder Junior High School.
You are your child's first and best teacher in the following skill areas necessary for them to access academic teaching. These are also skills that will help them be successful throughout life.
• The value of wanting to learn what is being taught
• The guidance to always do their best work
• The attitude that if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again
• The belief that their education is a priority in their life
• Being organized and neat in their work
• Being a responsible worker
• Stay in touch with the classroom teacher.
• Call the teacher if work is not regularly coming home or homework is not given most nights
• Communicate high expectations to your child.
participate in school activities as much as possible
• Attend parent conferences.
• Let us know how we can best meet the needs of your child.
Let's go MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS!!
Dr. Palmer Quarrels
(870)735-8522 Ext. 35002